CKCA Mini-Show; Knives 2011
Our Third annual CKCA Mini-Knife Show will take place on Thursday Night June 9 as part of our Banquet/Annual Meeting. That's the night before the start of Blade Show. You won't want to miss this.
Announcing our seven makers for this year's CKCA Mini-Show:
Karl Andersen JS
Tommy Gann JS
Don Hanson III MS
Dave Lisch JS
Ron Newton MS
Mike Quesenberry JS
Our paramount goals for our CKCA mini-show are:
To give our CKCA membership the opportunity to purchase very special knives at attractive prices from some of the finest knifemakers in the world who they normally may not have access to.
To give CKCA member knifemakers a chance to meet and present your knives to some of the top custom knife collectors in the world and perhaps to gain new longtime customers.
To give the CKCA another opportunity to offer benefit to both our collector and knifemaker members and to positively promote the CKCA in the custom knife community.
• All CKCA members (those present at our show and not) will be eligible to purchase knifemaker's knives.
• All details of sales/transactions will take place between the knifemaker and the buyer with the CKCA providing promotion and the venue for knife sales.
• Knifemakers, of course, retain 100% of proceeds from all sales.
• CKCA members who will not be present at our show will have until Wednesday June 8th @ 12 noon EST to direct myself (Kevin Jones) in writing via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (copying the particular knifemaker) to deposit a ticket into a particular maker's "draw box". By directing me to place a ticket into a maker's "draw box" the buyer is committing themselves to purchase such knife/knives.
• Since our knifemakers very graciously offer attractive pricing to our members for this annual event, any/all additional services/expenses such as shipping, insurance, custom duties, taxes for non-attending members are in addition to the sales price of the knives.
• ONLY CKCA members are eligible to participate (purchase knives) at our mini-show.
• Any CKCA member found to be purchasing mini-show knives for non-members can have their privileges to participate in future CKCA shows revoked. This rule will be strictly enforced. Any non-CKCA member can easily participate in our show by simply joining the CKCA.
• CKCA members are allowed to deposit a single ticket (1) in each box for knives that they want to acquire for themselves. Please, no help from your friends in depositing tickets on your be haft thus giving advantage over other members.
• CKCA members can place tickets in multiple boxes and if such member wins multiple knives he/she can of course keep all knives or at that time choose not to take a knife and we will go back and re-draw a second winner for the knife they turned down. If by chance there is not a second ticket in the particular box then the knife will be a "no sale".
The above processes/rules are intended to promote fairness for all CKCA members.
A BIG THANKS to Chuck Ward for the beautiful images.
Now for the knives:
Click on logos for info
My Collection & Available Knives: http://www.kevinjonescustomknives.com/
Last edited by Kevin Jones; 05-05-2012 at 09:03 PM.