The purpose of which is to recognize and promote the artistic significance of handmade
knives in the 21st century, to advance their collection and conservation, and to support the
craft and creative expression of the individuals who design and make them.
• To increase awareness and acceptance of custom knives and the collecting of such as
a respected and appreciated art form.
• To create a worldwide united and organized group of custom knife collectors, makers
and dealers to assist in getting corporate, media and art community support for the
betterment of the industry.
• To seek out and interact with related groups and organizations in attempt to create new
interest and to help in recruiting new custom knife collectors.
• To educate and mentor new custom knife collectors and makers.
• To form a network of custom knife makers and collectors to promote the industry and
support one another.
• To create ways in which for custom knife collectors to better market and connect with
other collectors in regard to buying/selling/trading their knives on the secondary market.
• To create more open dialog between customs collectors and makers in regard to
education, knife design, knife construction and sound business practices.
• To represent members and the custom knife community’s interest regarding issues and
political policy which could have a negative impact on knife owner rights and the custom
knife industry as we know it today.
• To create a custom knifemaker data base to store maker’s pertinent information such
as contact information, address, products offered, price range, certifications and maker
• To create general minimum quality standards for custom for custom knives and best
business practices for use as guidelines for custom knife makers, dealers and collectors.
• To initiate discounts for the CKCA membership on materials & services (currently have
discount program with Collectibles Insurance Services, Sharp by Coop and Chuck Ward
The association is currently set up as a Virginia LLC. We have been granted 501(C)(7)
Tax Exempt status by the IRS, which will further help the CKCA's ability to carry out our
projects in promoting and advancing the custom knife community.
CKCA LLC Officiers/Board of Directors
Kevin Jones (collector) - President
Jerry Fisk (maker) - Vice President
Lin Rhea (maker) - Secretary
Preston Gough (collector)
Mark Segars (collector)
Buddy Thomason (collector)
Steering Committee Members:
Kevin Jones (collector) – President – Chairman Finance Committee
Roger Pinnock (collector) – Membership Committee
Keith Montgomery (collector) – Membership Committee
Mark Segars (collector) – Legal Council
Matt Roberts (maker) – Legal Council
Jim Treacy (collector) –Finance Committee
Paul Kessler (collector) – Finance Committee
Chuck Kerwin (collector) – Membership Committee
Murray White (collector) – Membership Committee
Chuck Ward (photographer) – Director of Photography
Jerry Fisk (maker) - Board Member - Chairman Special Events & Projects Committee
Lin Rhea (maker) - Board Member - Special Events & Projects Committee
Burt Foster (maker) - Website/Electronic Media Committee
Buddy Thomason – Board Member
Advisory Council Members:
Daniel Winkler (maker) – Advisor Membership Committee
Steve Shackleford (editor) – Advisor Special Events & Projects Committee
Phil Lobred (collector)
AG Russell (dealer) – Advisor Finance Committee